Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
- Shipping Policy
- Price Match
INDUSTRIAL 3D PRINTING MADE ACCESSIBLE
Print manufacturing tools and production parts to spec with real manufacturing grade materials
TWICE THE STRENGTH. TWICE THE ACCURACY.
- Patented VECT™ 110 (Variable Environmental Controlled Temperature) Thermal Regulation evenly heats and controls the print environment leading to parts that are 2x stronger on the z-axis, and 2x more accurate across the board.
- Print continuously for hours, days, or weeks, thanks to METHOD’s unmatched industrial build quality.
METALS, COMPOSITES, AND POLYMERS PRINTER BETTER ON METHOD X.
Print real ABS parts with RapidRinse™ supports that dissolve faster than anything else
- 15 patented features allow for better environmental controls than on any other desktop 3D printer.
- Go from 25+ tuned materials to infinite 3rd party options with the LABS GEN 2 Experimental Extruder.
- 6-in-1 Modular Performance Extruders allow for quick change between material groups, preventing cross-contamination.
INDUSTRIAL POWER WITH DESKTOP EASE.
- CloudPrint™ gives you and your team secure access to 3D print from anywhere
- CloudPrint™ natively accepts the most popular CAD file types
- 5” capacitive touchscreen provides an intuitive step-by-step setup and real-time controls on your jobs
- Auto-Calibration takes the guesswork out of setup and ensures a level build plate and extruder-alignment.
- SmartAssist Material Loading makes material changing a breeze from material bay to extruder, hands-free.
DISSOLVE YOUR BACKLOG WITH ABS-R & RAPIDRINSE™
ABS, FINALLY AS EASY AS PLA
With our proprietary RapidRinse™ support, achieve incomparable ABS parts with unprecedented ease.
TAP WATER SOLUBLE
Forget the cumbersome wash tanks and chemicals, RapidRinse™ dissolves in pure tap water so it’s easy to use in just about any environment.
DISSOLVES IN MINUTES*
You don’t have time to wait around while your print dissolves, so we’ve engineered RapidRinse™ to dissolve faster than PVA and competitive high-temp dissolvable support materials.
*Dissolution time may vary based on part geometry and dissolution methodology
- Dual performance extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 100°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi Connectivity and 21 on-board sensors
- Remote monitoring and printing
- 25 Compatible CAD file types
- 5" Full-color capacitive touch screen
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing
- 1 MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Model 1XA Performance Extruder (Version 1)
- 1 Support 2XA Performance Extruder (Version 1)
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
METHOD X Material and Extruder Compatibility Chart
SERVICE PLANS THAT SUPPORT YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR 3D PRINTING JOURNEY
At MakerBot we know you’re not just buying a 3D printer, you’re investing in a new tool or a teaching opportunity. With MakerCare Extended Service Plans, you can de-risk your experience and maximize your investment with white glove support from our in-house team of 3D printing experts.
MakerBot MakerCare 1-year
MakerBot MakerCare 2-year
MakerBot MakerCare 3-year
DIRECT ACCESS TO MAKERBOT SUPPORT ENGINEERS
Whether you prefer phone, email, or live chat, help is just a step away. With MakerCare you get direct access to our team of 3D printing experts who can help you on the right track with your 3D printer. Need help getting started? Something not quite right with your printer? No question is too big or small.
Call or Live Chat us Monday through Friday, 9 am - 6 pm ET. Outside of hours? No problem, just send an email and someone will get back to you within 6 business hours.
EXCLUSIVE TRAINING SESSION
While MakerBot 3D printers are intuitive, sometimes it’s good to get real insight from someone who has used the platform extensively. That’s why with MakerCare you get access to a 1-hour training session with a certified MakerBot Support Engineer where they will walk you through basic set up, usage, and bonus tips and tricks, while answering any questions you may have along the way.
Machine downtime is not ideal for any business. You’ve got projects that need to get done and we understand. MakerCare has your back with hot swap. If your printer goes down, our support engineers will get you back up and running asap. Just call or email to get the process started. If the problem can be resolved with an expedited replacement part or quick setting change we’ll do that. If the printer needs to be sent back, we’ll ship out a replacement machine - even before you’ve sent yours back - so you can be back up and running in no time.
REPLACEMENT OF WEAR OR DAMAGED PARTS
Do you have a wear component or a damaged part that you can fix without packing up the printer and sending it in? In addition to defective parts already covered by the standard warranty, MakerCare provides part replacement on both natural wear and accidental damage so you can get back up and running even faster.
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
± 0.2 mm1
Range: 20 - 400 microns
Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers2
Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm3 per sec
Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500 mm per sec
PRINT MODES TUNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR:
100 microns - High Quality Print Mode
200 microns - Balanced Print Mode
MAXIMUM BUILD VOLUME
19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion
15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
220,000+ total testing hours3
(system reliability, subsystem, and print quality)
43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm /
17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
SHIPPING BOX DIMENSIONS
76.5 H x 50.0 W x 55.5 D cm /
30.1 x 19.7 x 21.9 in
Aluminum Die Cast Base
Extruded Aluminum Uprights
Steel Weldment Gantry Frame
Circulating Heated Chamber
29.5 kg / 65 lbs
SHIPPING BOX WEIGHT
37.1 kg / 81.7 lbs
Flexible Steel Build Plate
Reusable Grip Surface
5" Full-Color Capacitive Touch Screen
640 x 480 pixels
21 sensors including:
Encoder (Jam Detection)
Lid – Open/Closed
Door – Open/Closed
Temperature Sensors – Heated Chamber
EXTRUDER THERMAL CORE LENGTH
MAX EXTRUDER DRIVE TORQUE
Smart Spools with RFID sensors
MakerBot Precision Materials: ABS, ASA, PLA, Tough, PVA, SR-30
MakerBot Specialty Materials: NYLON, PETG, more to come
MAKERBOT PRECISION ABS
MAKERBOT PRECISION TOUGH
MAKERBOT PRECISION PLA
MAKERBOT SPECIALTY PETG
AMBIENT OPERATING TEMPERATURE
15 - 26º C / 59 - 78º F, 10 - 70% RH non-condensing
0 - 38º C / 32 - 100º F
Automatic Z Calibration, Automatic Nozzle Calibration, Automatic Material Loading
Safety & Compliance
Low Voltage Directive 60950-1, 62368
MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
SUPPORTED FILE TYPES
MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
Windows (7, 10)
Mac OS X (10.9+)
USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
100 - 240 V
3.9A - 1.6A, 50 / 60 Hz
400 W max.
100 - 240 V
8.1A - 3.4A, 50 / 60 Hz
800 W max.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers for immediate shipment. If for any reason your order is unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Once we reach out to the supplier and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All shipping is free of charge. We ship using USPS, FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
Most suppliers are US based and shipping can be expected to take 2-5 business days, with shipment coming from the supplier's US based warehouse. Some international suppliers may ship from an International warehouse when needed. 3D Junkies will cover all shipping and customs costs for orders with International suppliers.
For some products shipping time may be longer than the averages provided above. The product page will specify what the shipping time will be if it's longer than usual.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax