Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF 3D PRINTING
The MakerBot Labs Experimental Extruder for the MakerBot Replicator, Replicator+, Replicator Mini, Replicator Mini+, and Replicator Z18. Customize Your 3D Printing Experience Designed for the Advanced User who wants to push the limits of what’s possible on MakerBot 3D Printers.
- Creative Flexibility with a Range of Materials
- Push the boundaries of MakerBot 3D printing with interchangeable nozzles, custom material print modes, and unlocked advanced print settings.
- Freedom to Switch from Production to Sandbox
- Quickly switch from the reliability of the Smart Extruder+ to the Experimental Extruder to test the limits of your ideas.
- Drafting for Speed Print existing PLA materials with the included large diameter draft nozzles and dramatically reduce total print time by up to 75%.
- Designed to Be Customized With a modified thermal core and a more secure thermal barrier tube, the Experimental Extruder was redesigned to make changing nozzles easier.
- Download and print the Experimental Extruder Jig to provide a more stable platform.
Model of 3D Printer:
MakerBot Replicator Mini+
MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer (5th Gen)
MakerBot Replicator Mini Compact 3D Printer
MakerBot Replicator Z18
Refer to MakerBot Labs for Community Created Print Profiles
Firmware version 2.6+ and MakerBot Print version 2.7+
The Experimental Extruder unlocks over 35 additional custom print settings in MakerBot Print to allow a user to further tune their prints. These settings are tied to the Experimental Extruder and can only be accessed when connected to a printer that has an Experimental Extruder attached.
Fused Deposition Modeling
0.4 mm Brass, 0.6 mm Brass, 0.6 mm Stainless Steel, 0.8 mm Brass
Two (2) Nozzle Wrenches
Extruder Cap for use with Replicator+ and Replicator Mini+ 3D printers
Active Cooling Duct for use with Replicator+ and Replicator Mini+ 3D printers (ships attached to Experimental Extruder)
Material Swivel Clip for MakerBot Replicator Z18 configuration (ships attached to Experimental Extruder)
100 - 235°C (212 - 455°F)
SIZE & WEIGHT
12.7 L X 6.3 W X 17.7 H cm [5 x 2.5 x 7 in]
0.43 kg [0.95 lb]